Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Longest day of the year

Today is the Summer Solstice... that does not mean much for many of us, but we can rejoice in all the hours of sunshine which are streaming down at us. I have been horribly neglectful with respect to the blog and I apoligize for my absence.



I am in a wedding mood, perhaps because I will be attending some nuptials this weekend. I found this extremely lovely chuppah on Etsy.com. The fiber artist is from Croatia.


Did you know there have been Jews in Croatia since the third century? Prior to the Shoah, they numbered 20 thousand or more, but since the close of the second World War there numbers shrank to an eighth of that. Today there may be less than a thousand Jews in Croatia, the majority are from Zagreb.






2 comments:

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

So good to see you back! Hope all is well.

Chaya Erez said...

Glad you're back. I enjoy seeing what other artists, and Judaica textile artists in particular, are creating. Thanks for posting.